Sunday, September 13, 2015

Why NomNom?

Hello, hope you’re doing good. I’ve been slightly sick & hence the delay in uploading this review.

However, I thought of trying out a slightly new format to my review this time, I call this the “Wannabe Buzzfeed writer” format, you know like, 5 things that will change your life? 10 things you should do before you touch 30 etc etc – Here are your 5 answers to “Why NomNom?”

Why NomNom? 

1. Desi Chinese - There is Chinese & then there is Desi Chinese, an Indianized version of Chinese food. Nom Nom excels at the latter and I’m not complaining at all, having lived in Mumbai for years, I crave for this & how. Also going by reviews on Zomato, looks like everyone seems to be welcoming this Desi Chinese concept with open arms.

What do I recommend?

Papaya Salad - This could honestly be a main-course by itself, even if you aren't a salad person, try this, you have to, you better do, you won't regret it. This papaya salad is mixed with chili, garlic & palm sugar topped with baby tomatoes, beans & roasted peanuts & is served with Thai chili dressing. 


Crispy Chicken Spinach - Chicken stir fried in chili garlic paste that is served with crunchy spinach & sesame sprinkles. For a better taste-bud experience, make sure you mix the chicken with the spinach while eating it, don't have either of it just by itself.


Pepper Chilli Tossed Tofu - Tofu tossed with ginger, garlic, spring onions & cilantro. Inspite of not being a huge fan of Tofu, I thought this was cooked exceptionally well. 


Thai Young Coconut Juice -  I'm not making this up, it tasted like Malibu Milkshake, obviously without the alcohol. Extremely refreshing & a sure shot hit during the Summers.



2. Cozy Ambiance – This hidden gem is a small restaurant but what’s great is that it appears to be bigger than it actually is thanks to the way its interiors are, also I personally love how bright Nom Nom is. The interiors are minimalistic and elegant. Definitely a place you would want to dine at with friends or family.



3. What's on the menu – Well you name it & they have it, almost. With this I mean, most dishes on their menu can be ordered in your choice of protein, such as, Chicken, Lamb, Fish, Prawns, Tofu, Veg or Duck.




4. Service – The second you enter into Nom Nom, you would know that good service is at top priority. I don’t remember the last time the staff at a restaurant was as warm & friendly as the servers and manager here at Nom Nom.

Also we were fortunate to meet the owner of Nom Nom, who is supremely passionate about his venture, Nom Nom & had the most interesting stories to share with us about his start up & the problems he faced & how they overcame it. If you do manage to spot him at Nom Nom, do ask him about it, you will be in for a supremely positive & interesting story.

Also guess who got a chance to visit the kitchen? *muhaha*



5. Pricing – I remember reading this line somewhere on the internet “Happiness comes cheap, even for Millionaires” and I’m like, yea sure. But post a meal at some of these recently opened up restaurants, Nom Nom being one of them, I may just want to agree.

Nom Nom goes easy on your wallet.  You would barely spend about AED 25 – 35 per dish.

Overall Rating – 4/5

Lastly I would like to ask one genuine question to Nom Nom - Hey good cooking, when do we see you in Abu Dhabi? ;)  

1 comment:

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete