Tuesday, February 10, 2015

El Chico

Firstly this review has been long over-due, I had listed down pointers about the restaurant a while back and then never got back to it, thanks to my latest addiction of online shopping which very easily managed to distract me every time I tried completing this blog post, but now that I'm on it, let me tell you El Chico is what I'm reviewing today. 

El Chico has been at Delma Mall for a while now and has newly opened a branch at WTC mall, which btw I must say is becoming quite a hub for foodies.

So the other day, we decided to do family lunch at El-Chico (WTC) and I was rather shocked on entering EL-CHICO, because the restaurant has just about opened up and yet had quite a decent amount of people who were dining in, however the place is spacious and can easily accommodate a lot of people, so there was absolutely no complaining and we were instantly guided towards a table of four by the server. 

As soon as we settled down, we were given the massive menu card and a complimentary bowl of crispy nachos accompanied by mild salsa.

What we ordered? Top Shelf Guacamole, Chicken Fajita Nachos, Sombrero Platter, Chicken Chipotle, Chicken Fajita Quesadilla, Strawberry Cheesecake and Chocolate Lava Cake.

Top Shelf Guacamole - The guacamole, which is a mixture of avocados, onions, jalapeƱos, lime and black salt, is made fresh on the table for you, which is also what happens at Cantina Laredo, but take my word on this, it was definitely the best guacamole I've had. My dad was extremely fascinated with the man making the guacamole and was trying to figure out what goes where and how exactly do they make it, so I won't be surprised if he soon experiments and decides to surprise us with some home-made guacamole inspired by El-Chico. 


Top Shelf Guacamole 

Chicken Fajita Nachos - The bean & cheese nachos were topped generously with the well-cooked grilled chicken fajita. However the taste of the beans were slightly over-shadowing the cheese flavor, which is not something I would like in my nachos. But otherwise I quite liked the nachos. 


Chicken Fajita Nachos 


Sombrero Platter - I absolutely love platters, because that way I get to try more dishes :D So this platter was a mix of, fried mozzarella cheese, BBQ chicken wings and chicken strips. The mozzarella sticks were crispy but not the best I've had, the BBQ chicken wings however was extremely juicy and something we all enjoyed having. But amongst the 3 if I had to pick a favorite, it would be the crispy chicken which was extremely tender and literally broke into pieces on touching it. 



Sombrero Platter

Moving on to perhaps the most disappointing dish at El-Chico, which was the "Chicken Chipotle" which is basically supposed to be chicken breast topped up with cheese and chipotle pepper sauce. But unfortunately the only thing I tasted was SALT! Also the chicken wasn't cooked well and was extremely hard. 


Chicken Chipotle

Chicken Fajita Quesadilla - The chicken fajita quesadillas were spot on, it had the right amount of juicy grilled chicken fajita, pepper, onion and cheese. Infact I'm not sure what exactly is it called, but from a lehman perspective, the tortilla was wrapped in a slightly different manner as served in other mexican restaurants (Don't give me that blank look, you might know what I mean once you look at the picture below)

Chicken Fajita Quesadilla


Now inspite of being stuffed with all that we had ordered for, the desserts looked absolutely tempting (they bring a platter to your table with all the options they have, so you get a better idea of what the desserts actually look like) We ended up ordering for the strawberry cheese cake and the chocolate cake which was served with vanilla icecream and topped with chocolate and pecan. Both the cakes were simply out of this world. Infact the chocolate cake did the impossible and kind of took over the 1st place in my "Favourite Dessert" list which was earlier held by the molten chocolate cake from Chilis. Yup, its that good. 

Strawbery Cheesecake



Chocolate Cake



The Quantity? The 1 word to describe it is INSANE. Also going by my past experience, quantity is never an issue with Mexican restaurants. 

The Price? The bill was about 420 for 3 appetizers, 2 main-course dishes, 2 desserts and 4 drinks, which I think is not bad at all, especially for a family lunch/ dinner. 

The Interiors? The interiors are very similar to CHILIS (Which is a part of the same group of companies) however I wish they had added a little more Mexican touch to its interiors. 

The Staff? Extremely friendly and well informed staff. The latter is usually uncommon in newly opened restaurants, but here the server knew the in and out of their menu card. Also the manager   was kind enough to check on us before and after the meal. 

Overall I quite liked the place and will definitely recommend it, I would rate El Chico a 3.5/5 

For more regular updates on restaurants and other random things I indulge in, follow me on Instagram / Twitter
El Chico Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete