Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Uptown Parsi Town - Cafe Funkie Town


Navroze Mubarak (Happy New Year) to all the Parsis here in the UAE, it's amazing how you get to celebrate & wish each other 'Happy New Year' twice in one year, however your parsi-mate, Farah Khan decided to kind of over-do it in the last year (If you know what I mean)


Being in Mumbai, there is absolutely no way you could have missed out on the Parsi colonies in Dadar or the ones at Andheri Station & the small Parsi cafes  in its vicinity. But now apparently you can find one of those cafes just a drive away, at Jumeirah Lake Towers to be precise. Also, it's all funked up now.
Cafe Funkie Town is one of the only Parsi cafes in Dubai serving a wide range of food. Be that your chilly cheese toast or a frankie, keema-pav or dhansak, chicken cutlet or sali-boti, Cafe Funkie Town is the place. 

Unlike my usual reviews I'm not going to get into detail of what all I had, what was good & what wasn't, because the beauty of Cafe Funkie Town is experimenting with food. Also you will absolutely love their service, there is this one young lady who sits there (I'm guessing she owns the place) she will be your perfect guide to Parsi food & help you decide on your order.
Also apart from the food, what I personally love about this cafe is their Bollywood vibe, be that the bollywood star photoframes displayed on the walls or the random bollywood songs playing in the background. 


Also this sign board at their counter is the perfect slap-in-the-face for people including myself who invariably always ask the servers at the restaurants 'What's the WiFi password? *wink*

(Duplicate Image)
Cafe Funkie Town is quite pocket-friendly, don't be too desi and start converting it and comparing it with how much would you pay for it had you been in Mumbai because that will get you nowhere. 
I would rate Cafe Funkie Town a 4/5 
 
P.S. Here is their Navroz Special Buffet Offer



1 comment:

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete