Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Science, like never before

What is Molecular Gastronomy?

Molecular gastronomy is a subdiscipline of food science that seeks to investigate the physical and chemical transformations of ingredients that occur in cooking. Its program includes three axes, as cooking was recognized to have three components, which are social, artistic and technical. Molecular cuisine is a modern style of cooking, and takes advantage of many technical innovations from the scientific disciplines.

Sometimes I don't even know why I bother, Science is definitely not my thing, but this involves food, and that definitely is my thing. 

Yup, that's me!

Tresind, located on the 2nd floor of Radisson Royal Hotel, Sheikh Zayed Road, Trade Centre area in Dubai is an Indian restaurant with a modern twist & it being a popular spot for team outings, our Marketing Manager fixed a dinner here for the Radio Mirchi team.

Me being the enthu cutlet that I am, I decided to go through the menu of Tresind & see the ratings, and basically do my little homework before getting there & trust me, that just added to the excitement; because one glance at the menu is all it takes to get mind-blown. Tresind by far has the most innovative menu I've ever come across, you know, one would like to believe that there isn't too much you can experiment with, when it comes to Indian food, but Tresind shall prove you wrong & how. 

What We Had?
Deconstructed Pani-Puri - Given that we were having an alcohol free dinner, the Deconstructed Pani-Puri which was more like a Paanipuri shot was definitely the best way to kickstart the evening ;) 



Mushroom Chai - This, because having a Mushroom soup is too mainstream. This was basically dehydrated mushrooms with white truffle powder. Was initially a little reluctant to have this; but am glad I opted for it. Much recommended. 




Misal Pao - You know it's funny because the only time I have had Missal Pao before this was at a 10 x 10 thela (stall) outside my college in Mumbai, and let me tell you I wasn't a fan. But this Misal Pao definitely did the trick and hit the right spot. 



Chaat Trolley - Was this fascinating? Or was this FASCINATING? As soon as the chef walked in with the Chaat trolley and started explaining, we stopped doing whatever we were doing and paid attention like obedient students to what he said (that's a rare sight in our team ;)). He showed us how the steam Dhokla is frozen in liquid nitrogen and then rehyderated to get mixed with all the possible chaat masalas, chutneys and papdis; trust me, the entire process looks magical & the final product won't disappoint you either. 
 












Khandvi Sorbet - Seriously? How does someone even come up with something like this? Beats me. This almost tasted like a Khandvi Icecream, your taste-buds are for sure to get confused but let that not bother you, simply sit back and enjoy this while it lasts ;) 




South Indian Chicken - So I don't quite remember what this dish was actually called, but it definitely was prepared in a South Indian manner. The chicken was cooked to perfection and blended well with the black pepper it was cooked in. Quite liked the Dosa touch to its presentation.




Butter Chicken - I think we were slightly spoilt by the time this arrived, as even though the Butter Chicken tasted good, it still lacked something. Am guessing the reason being, there was nothing extra-ordinary about it and lacked the fun quotient. 
 

Dessert - *Hold your breathe* 

Daulat Ki Chaat - This is called the Daulat Ki Chaat, because it's actually quite a rich dish, rich in flavour i.e. (<--- kindly ignore) Basically, its Rabdi in a mousse form, extremely light and creamy, isn't very sweet thankfully and The Bappi Lahiri in me loved the gold dust that was spread across the Rabdi. Do yourself a favour and don't leave Tresind without giving this a try. 


Jalebi Tacos - I don't even know if it's possible but this just for some odd reason made Jalebi look healthy. 


Maybe this is what Mallika Sherawat should actually endorse instead. You know, like?









Paan flavoured Candy Floss - Just look at it? Need I say more? What a fabulous concept and lovely twist to a mouth-freshner post a meal. Absolutely loved it and couldn't stop myself from sharing a picture of this on every god-damn social media platform. 


Staff - The staff was extremely well trained and well-informed, Also, Science is not an easy Subject, but these servers were pro's and knew their dishes in & out, infact, they also threw a few technical jargons about gastro-molecular food now & then which got RJ's to keep shut (that's an art, right?) *wink*

Also a special shout-out for the Chef Uncle, err I mean Angad (So this is an inside joke, wherein Yachna from our team called out to Angad & fortunately or unfortunately he misheard that as Uncle. But don't worry girls, Chef Angad was far from being an Uncle, he was young, witty & a food magician. 

Ambiance - Tresind was divided into 2 seperate areas, one was a more formal set-up where people were sticking to just food primarily, while the other seemed like the more exciting section with good commercial music playing in the back-ground. Not too sure why was I seated in the first section, that speaks volumes about me, sigh. 





Cost - Places like these makes you want a rich boyfriend or a very kind work-place who sponsors your meals ;) Tresind is definitely an expensive restaurant that you don't simply walk into every other day, but it definitely is a must-try & I recommend it for an anniversary special/ birthday special or just a celebration in general. 

Overall - No points for guessing, we of course has a spectacular time at Tresind and I would rate it a perfect 5/5 and get into my little Mithun Da Judge Mode and say....


P.S. Today is a Wednesday & they have their ladies night tonight. You're welcome ;)


 For regular updates follow me on; Twitter Facebook 



1 comment:

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete