Monday, May 4, 2015

Mission Dessert

I've been wanting to visit Galleria Mall at Al Maryah Island for a while now and finally managed to get myself there over the weekend, but I was there for a mission, a very important mission.

A little confession, I'm not so much of a dessert person, but when I crave for something, am worse than a pregnant woman, I NEED IT, I REALLY DO.


So for the past couple of days I've been having a major craving for Red Velvet Cheesecake and what better place to fulfil this craving than Magnolia Bakery.

So with no second thoughts I instantly ordered for a Red Velvet Cheesecake on being asked my preference, also along with that I added a Peanut Butter Icebox Pie.

On a single bite of the Red Velvet Cheesecake, my taste buds did the happy dance. The cheesecake was velvety and creamy, the cheese wasn't too sweet either, just the way I prefer my cheesecake. Also, the red velvet texture was very tender and almost melted in my mouth. The quantity was quite generous, but then again it's priced at AED 30, so it better be. 




Moving on to the Peanut Butter Icebox Pie, this basically was Wafer crust layered with caramel, peanut butter and whipped cream, topped with Reeses peanut butter cups. I wasn't a huge fan of the wafer crust by itself, but it was very palatable, when I had it with the butter cups, however there were just a handful of butter cups on top, so it wasn't as delightful as I expected it to be. This again was priced at AED 30 and can easily be shared by two - three people. There was also an option of a Snickers Icebox Pie, which is something I might give a try on my next visit.

The interiors of Magnolia are very vintage and chic and is the perfect place for a girls hang-out. 

There wasn't much interaction with the staff as such, but judging from the short conversation I had with the server, he seemed polite. 

Also lastly for all those who don't know, Magnolia isn't limited to just desserts, they also serve Salads and Pasta, but I would still not recommend this to the calorie cautious folks, as you're sure to get tempted and call in for something that would do you no good ;)

Overall I would rate Magnolia a 3.5/5


P.S. Here is some food for thought, you're welcome. 




Click to add a blog post for Magnolia Bakery on Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete