Saturday, September 15, 2012

Yo Go & Big Daddy


Hey Guys! Sorry for not updating my blog for over a month now, was busy with an event I was working on and post that was ill for almost 2 weeks, so yes was not having the best food possible to blog about. Hope you all however have been eating some real good food.

Now while I was sick there were 2 things I was really craving for, Mexican Food and Oreo Cheesecake, so as soon as I got slightly better I decided to grab myself all that I wanted.

Starting with the Oreo Cheesecake, I was actually craving for a pastry sort of thing but what I got to try was Oreo Cheesecake Frozen Yogurt which did sound really fancy to me initially but I was super thrilled to give it a try. A friend of mine had told me about this new yogurt place called Yo Go that had opened up at Andheri -  Lokhandwala, and my reaction instantly was Oh lord, another frozen yogurt place? But he seemed quite optimistic about this place due to the reviews he had heard, so well he did try it and adored it and was kind enough to get me the Oreo Cheesecake Frozen Yogurt. I was undeniably delighted on having it. It was natural in taste and the Oreo mixed in perfectly and it did not have the powdery after taste to it. It was priced at Rs. 140. I would rate it a 4.5/5 and without second thoughts entitle this to be the best frozen yogurt I have had till date. I’m looking forward on visiting the place by my own and trying out their other stuff. The place is also apparently known for their awesome cupcakes. Mmm!

During my research about Yo Go, I found a photo of their Lokhandwala store and completely loved their candy like interior and the cute pandas on their door knob etc. This got me all the more anxious about visiting the place soon.






Location : Unit#07, Greenfields Society, Lokhandwala Market, near HDFC Bank, opposite Hang Out Cakes, Lokhandwala, Andheri (W)

Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/YogosCafe



Next coming to the Mexican Food, I usually visit Sammy Sosa at Oshiwara for the same but due to heavy showers could not go there and also had read about a new place called Big Daddy that had opened up in 7 Bungalows that served Mexican Cuisine so thought of giving it a try. But I had seen the place and there was absolutely NO WAY I could possibly dine their and eat, since the place is surrounded with garages and had the worst crowd surrounding it, so ordering was the only option.

We ordered for Grilled Chicken Quesadillas and Grilled Fish in Butter Garlic Sauce which is accompanied by Pesto Rice and Mashed Potato. But due to the monsoon season we were that seafood would not be offered, so we agreed on Grilled Chicken in Butter Garlic Sauce instead. It took around 45 minutes for delivery to Lokhandwala which was quite decent.

We started with the Quesadillas that were sadly not hot when it reached us but that could be pardoned because of the rains. The chicken was very well cooked and even the cheese savored fresh but it was slightly bland, they could have added a little more sauce to make the quesadillas a little juicier. So overall it was average and could have been lot better. It was priced only at Rs. 140 which I think is very reasonable. Overall I would rate it a 3/5.

After which we had the Chicken in Butter Garlic Sauce with Pesto Rice which somehow reminded us of Thai Green Chicken with Rice due to its green in colour appearance. Here again the chicken was very well cooked just like the chicken used in the quesadillas. The butter garlic gravy was enjoyable. They had also given the garlic sauce separately which tasted rather good. This was priced at Rs.180 which again was not too bad for the quantity they served. It could do well for around 2-3 people. I would rate it a 3.5/5

Overall Big Daddy was a decent experience. It evidently wasn't food that made me go WOW but not a bad option either. They have an outlet in Khar as well.

Location : Opposite Banana Leaf, Juhu Versova Link Road, 7 Bungalows, Mumbai
  
With that I think am done with this random come back post. Hopefully I keep well here after and keep posting.

Take care you all and Happy Eating :D

No comments:

Post a Comment